Time: 6:30pm-9:00pm, followed by a drinks reception
Venue: Chartered Accountants' Hall, London, Ec2R 6EA
Speakers: Sharon Gunn - ICAEW, Lynne Berry OBE, Norma Jarboe OBE, Beverley Steel - Odgers Public, Caroline Mawhood - NED of Audit Commission
Following Lord Davies’ recommendations that FTSE 100 firms should aim for at least one in four female board members by 2015, the Government has also set itself the goal that women will make up 50% of all new appointments to public boards by the end of the current Parliament (2015).
However, considering women make up two thirds of the voluntary and public sector workforce, and with the current proportion standing at about one third, we still have some way to go.
This event will help you better understand the voluntary and public board landscape and how we can better utilise the wealth of female talent found in the sector to address the gender imbalance on these boards.
The programme will give you the opportunity to:
- Hear advice and insights from expert speakers, including Lynne Berry OBE and Norma Jarboe OBE
- Hear the latest findings from the ‘Women count’ report, benchmarking the participation of women in the UK's largest charities
- Find out about the challenges and opportunities in the marketplace today
- Get a search firm's perspective on understanding your skills, strengths and potential offering to a board
- Learn from those who have transitioned across sectors
- Learn how ICAEW can help you prepare for board roles
- Enjoy drinks and light bites at our networking drinks reception.